Christian Life Program

As I write this entry, I am remembering how I started my spiritual journey which started about two years ago. Not that I was not going to church or was I being a complete atheist for the prior years. It's just that I realized that my spiritual life was somewhat shallow, and misdirected.

I have known God since I was a kid, and I have known the religious ways of the Roman Catholic Church. But beyond all that knowledge and routine, my spiritual life was going nowhere.

Last month, my husband and I thought of joining the Couples for Christ (CFC) in our church. But according to one of the members, we have to finish the 12-week Christian Life Program (CLP) first before we can be fully absorbed into the organization. So we signed up for it.

We spent the last five Saturdays listening to talks and engaging into group discussions. It was like going to school again, except we are learning about God's love, what it means to be a Christian, and how to lead a Christian family.

Having this CLP was one of the best choices we have made as a couple.I am learning A LOT. One of the most refreshing and empowering lessons that I have memorized by heart is that He is the way, the truth and the life. Our relationship with Christ can be likened to a tree with branches. He is the tree, the source of life, and we are the branches. If the branches are separated from the tree, they wither and die. That is what happens when we are not at one with God.

I am truly thankful that I have found this opportunity to know more about God and improve my personal relationship with him. Which is why I created this blog to share with you some of my reflections from my newfound path in my spiritual journey. I hope I will be able to inspire you, in the same way that you will inspire me.